1.01.2008

2008 Re-launch

Dear Friends,

Back by unpopular and popular demand, I have decided to resurrect my blog. Last year I posted a few heretically orthodox notes about poverty, hell, homosexuality, and environmental vegetarianism. It was fun, but I stopped writing in July because of time issues associated with having too many jobs and taking care of a newborn. Now, however, I am ready for another year. Some notes for ‘08:

-I changed the name of the blog from "The Orthodox Heretic" to “The Orthodox Heretic Weekly” to reflect my new-found commitment to blog twice every fortnight.
-These blogs are also linked in my Facebook account, and you can subscribe to the blog there.
-I will try to limit my blogs to 3-4 paragraphs, suitable for 5-minute reading.
-Not to be paternalistic, but you should forgo the ordinary New Year’s resolutions and make a commitment to read this blog weekly:) Besides, weighing 10-15 lbs. too much only helps you fit in better with everyone else.
-Please send the link to the blog to anyone who:
1) is or is thinking about becoming heretically orthodox or orthodoxically heretical
2) is or is thinking about becoming curious about orthodox heresy, or
3) hates or is thinking about hating Christians, heretics, or Christian heretics.

Here are some topics I plan on addressing this year:

-Love and Ethics
-Worldviews
-I’ll try to limit my blogs about the presidential election, because the last thing the world needs is another person blogging about the candidates, but I won’t be able to help myself all the time.
-Intelligent Design
-Moral Vegetarianism
-Abortion
-Any suggestions?

Here are some topics I will not be blogging about:

-Whether we should greet others with “Happy Holidays!” or “Merry Christmas!” (because really, who gives a crap?)
-Whether Bush should have cut child health care funding (because that would be a very short blog)
-Whether the Dixie Chicks had their Free Speech rights violated when their overly-Republican and overly-zealous fan base stopped coming to their shows (because NO, and “Ha! Ha!”)